If you are a prelicensed or newly licensed mental health professional, this podcast is designed for you! It is so natural to feel worried, confused, and paralyzed about starting your therapy career.
And of course you have questions surrounding so many topics. But who likes to be a bother to other people?
Well, this podcast’s sole purpose is to “be bothered!” Ask us the questions you want answered, and we’ll get to work answering them. Our hope is to help you move from paralysis and doubt to courage and fulfillment. Ask away!
What’s the first step in starting a private practice?Answered in Ep. 2 How do you start a private practice entirely via telehealth?Answered in Ep. 3
- How do I become more culturally competent in my work as a white therapist?
- How can I combine my passion for ministry and skills in therapy into one career?
How do I network with psychiatrists?Answered in Ep. 7
- How do I meet more Black business owners?
Should I go solo, or join a group practice?Answered in Ep. 4
- What tips can you give in regard to holding your clients’ grief when experiencing your own grief?
- How do I master confidence?
How do I network with family lawyers?Answered in Ep. 5 How do I reach small Korean churches?Answered in Ep. 6
- How do I create a social media presence as a therapist?
- How do I keep track of all the records and data that DMH usually took care of for me?
- What are some pros/cons of joining insurance panels? How do we go about doing that?
- How do you see private practices changing after Covid-19? (Specifically when it comes to nondirective play with children)
- Is there a step by step manual out there that can guide me in starting a private practice?
- How can I make myself a desirable hire as an LAC?
- What is the best way to prepare for the MFT licensure exam?
- Any suggestions for the MFT clinical exam?
What kinds of workshops do you think churches most desire from a therapist and why?Answered in Ep. 6
- What percentage of pastors do you think are open to seeking therapy? How can we get this percentage to increase? For those who are open, what qualities do you think they seek in a therapist?
- Pros and Cons of Internship at Private Practice vs DMH
- How do you usually go about determining your caseload in private practice?
- What are some good resources to brush up on the basics of how to conduct a basic course of supportive therapy?
- What tips can you give for expanding private practice by hiring another or other clinicians?
- How to find work to gain the necessary hours for licensure when you have little to no experience.
- What are some tips for networking that go beyond traditional networking events and reaching out to other therapists?